biased

What Is Up With All The Votes?

Saturday, August 03, 2013

This has been going on for so long I think it's time somebody put this out there loud and clear. I have been seeing people talking about them through Twitter but I thought it needs to be elaborated.

I mean, have you noticed how many companies/businesses/shows/programmes have been making use of voting systems as part of their plan?? I HATE IT.

Yesterday was the last episode of The Dream Makers on Channel 8 and the ending of who Jason was to be with had to be decided using voting. IS THAT NECESSARY???
Media likes to see fans fighting over one another or something? (not that i'm a fan)
Isn't it better to just decide an ending like... on your own? Maybe that was their way of driving people to their site -.-
But I would like to think they are too damn lazy to think of making the best ending, THANK YOU.

I personally don't watch The Final 1 but I saw people tweeting about how voting got all the real talents out. I recall being so frustrated when watching talent shows like Campus Superstar and Project Superstar because of how stupid they were in deciding who goes out of the competition based on the number of bloody votes.
ARE THEY DUMB? You're taking the audience's votes to decide who is good in singing? Really?

Of course I do realize a bigger percentage goes to professional judgement but a smaller percentage goes to the audience. But again, IS THAT NECESSARY?

You do realize you made a singing contest turn to a popularity contest. I don't want to be a typical being to preach about fairness but c'mon, do I even need to explain this?
I can imagine how many people out there have this mindset, "I am not popular, so I cannot join this contest".
Is that what you want people to think??? YOU TELL ME.

This is my personal experience. Remember when I joined Cineleisure's Next Online Sensation V2.0? I joined because I love social media. I was shocked when there happened to be a voting part I was thinking I was bound to lose. Relieved when they actually took that voting system away because of technical issues. And then they also took into account the number of views the blogger has on their YouTube videos and blogpost for the contest. I wouldn't say it's all based on popularity but I can't deny a part of it was.

Why can't they let professionals decide and make them professional choices of judgement?

Don't they know how biased votes from audiences can get?
STOP BEING LAZY TO THINK OF BEST ENDING FOR A SHOW, STOP GETTING JUDGEMENTS FROM AUDIENCES, STOP THE VOTING THING OK.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook Page