avenuebistro

First Time @ A.venue Bistro

Monday, May 27, 2013

After all those challenges I completed for Cineleisure's Next Online Sensation, you would have thought I must have tried the food at A.venue Bistro.
Especially after Challenge #1; since it's about food and most of the contestants actually blogged about A.venue Bistro.

But to be completely honest with you, I haven't tried it until a few days ago. Truth is, I have been wanting to try it after seeing so many people talk about it but just never had the chance to.

So here is my personal experience at A.venue Bistro with my family (:

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of how the place looks like but i'm sure it'd be easy to find! Why? Because I think it has a really awesome ambiance with a hint of France & English mixed with the lamp posts as part of the decoration.

Look at the thoughts put into giving you more ambiance. They have this really lovable tin can as a container to put packets of brown sugar needed for coffee.

Ready for the first dish?

Classic Caesar Salad

as one of out appetizers. The red pieces of stuff you see are bacon and the yellow ones are most likely crispy bread crumbs or egg yolk(depends on which yellow stuff you're looking at)

Soup Of The Day

as another one of our appetizers. I have no idea what this soup is made of tbh. But one thing I do know is that it's so effing addicting to drink. It actually tasted like broccoli. So i'm gonna assume it's made of broccoli. WHICH IS THE BEST THING EVER HELLO.
The ultimate reason why this soup was addicting probably.

 Linguine Seafood Aglio Olio 

for me! Those who don't know, my 2 favorite pasta would be one cooked in Aglio Olio style and one cooked in Alfredo sauce. 

Their seafood pasta contains prawns, mussels, squid, chilli, parsley, and garlic. 

Giving my honest opinion, I think the display of the food could be improved. Besides that, I feel that the garlic cooked in Aglio Olio style should have a taste of fragrance but this one lacked of that...

Spaghetti Spicy Seafood Marinara

was what my dad had. Strange he seems to like to try the tomato pastas whenever he feels like trying pastas. He said it was pretty spicy. It contains basically the same ingredients as mine but without the garlic replaced by tomatoes. 

Fish & Chips

for my sister. She said their fries were pretty good, being crispy and all. I really appreciate good fries. Who doesn't, right? 

Now is the moment of imagining you with this facial expression:


My mom's dish was supposedly the same as mine. But what was served looked totally different from mine. Doesn't look like aglio olio at all but looks like spaghetti with some white sauce. o.o
I'm still very confused how 2 same dishes came out so differently...

And I doubt the person got it wrong because the waiter mentioned the name of the dish before serving it up. 

Back to the food.
DESSERT TIME!

Chocolate cake (obviously)

It was kind of hard to cut but it was definitely tasty! My family members were all savoring this more than the next cake i'm about to show you.

Cheese cake. *i think strawberry cheesecake because it has red in it

Their cheesecake was a so-so. Nothing very special. It was hard also. Maybe refrigerated for too long, i'm not sure. 

If you guys want to give it a go at A.venue Bistro, it's at

Cathay Cineleisure Orchard
Level 3
-
-
I actually had the chance to try A.venue Bistro because I was there for a flea market and particularly looking out for Rachel's booth! :D

So to end this post with pictures taken that day

Really regretted wearing long sleeve there. I was sweating like a mad. Lesson learnt.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook Page