cake

Delcie's Cake Goodness in Chocolate

Monday, October 31, 2016

Reading for the chocolate? Good choice, because who would pass up a chance like that.

Chocolate lovers rejoice! You may want to know more about this cake from Delcie's which I got to try thanks to HearSayers.


An interesting exterior was my first impression. Yes, the outside looked like a destroyed crust but it was part of the design. I am in love with the layer of chocolate that the dried flowers were sitting on though.


It looked so delicate and smooth like silk. A blanket made of chocolate would be a perfect description, don't you think? Kudos to them for this art piece!


When I dug my spoon through the cake, it was a little harder as compared to the usual soft and spongy cakes you have. It's more like... digging your spoon through A THICK PIECE OF CHOCOLATE. Except it's a little... softer. Yup, you read me right.

Let's talk about the taste now, shall we? I could summarize it in a simple sentence that would "wow" you. It was like putting DIFFERENT TEXTURED CHOCOLATES IN YOUR MOUTH AT THE SAME TIME.

Putting the first mouthful of cake in was definitely a one of a kind sensation. The outer crust of the cake was like chocolate cookie crumbles while the "chocolate blanket" felt like I was biting into chocolate while the centre of the cake had a creamy-like texture. Not your usual light & fluffy cake for sure!


Was it sweet? Honestly, the first mouthful I had was mostly bitter chocolate I tasted but slowly after, the sweetness builds up.

I was also surprised by the fact that the flowers were not there just for decoration purposes. When I had the part of the cake close to where the flowers were, I could actually taste a mild fragrance of the flowers mixing together with the chocolate. Genius.

If you're interested in knowing more about the cake or what other cakes/desserts Delcie's offer...

Delcie's
Website: www.delcies.com
Location: Blk 34 Whampoa West #01-83
Singapore 330034

Thank you for reading!
Cheryl x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook Page