dance

Weird Dance Trends

Saturday, April 27, 2013

This topic has been on my mind for a while now. All those strange dances that pop out of nowhere and became so viral until almost everyone is making their own version of them.

A few of the dances popping into your head now?
Guessing if they are what i'm talking about? Probably.

What doesn't get me is why do SIMPLE and weird dances go all crazy famous than those extremely complicated and cool ones???

Hmm... now that I think of it, probably because they're simple; easier to follow...
Also, some of those dances are really lame... Maybe the lamer the dances are, the funnier it gets? I guess it is like that sometimes.

1) Gangnam Style 


First time I saw it; my reaction was like "wtf? why is this MV so stupid? lol?" 
I wasn't sure if I should laugh or to give my bewildered face. 
I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be funny or that person is retarded o.o

Apparently, he got popular; very popular for whatever reason it is, be it for being retarded or trying to be funny. CONGRATS MAN, CONGRATS. 

Totally sound like i'm jealous but I really don't want to be popular for being retarded. :/

2) Harlem Shake


WTF I can't believe I actually found the original one and i'm surprised it's so different from all the harlem shakes I have seen on YouTube! 

Now I really am confused how people turn it from this to that....
When I say that, 
(Youtubing moment...............)
-
-
-
ALL THESE 

I really don't see any resemblance from the original one and the one people came up with except for the music. Do you? 

You know what's common between Gangnam Style & Harlem Shake though?
They have both successfully gave me a "WTF" look on my face.

After all the wildness + retardedness, dances decided this is not the end. So they made a huge jump to...

3) Gwiyomi Player


There's not even an original one on this, I swear. Spent about a couple of hours looking for the original one and all I found were people having their own versions of it. Only original one I can find is just the song.
I'm not gonna deny that the song is quite cute given the meaning behind those Korean words that I found. HERE:
Plus the fact that the girl has a cute voice.
BUT, this girl didn't create the "dance". That's what I find it most weird. People came up with this "dance" themselves. o.o
& different versions of it too, just like harlem shake....

I wonder what the next weird dance trend is gonna be..?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Facebook Page